When you register for or use an eMoneyPool account, we collect the following information:
- When you register: we collect your name, address, phone number, email address, bank account numbers, information about financial institutions where you conduct business, and other related information.
- When we verify your identity and underwrite your application for an account: we will request additional personal information to confirm your identity and manage our risk. We may ask you for your driver's license number, social security number, birth date or other personal information. At times we will obtain information about you from third party verification services and credit bureaus.
Additional information from or about you may also be collected in other ways, including responses to customer surveys or your communications with our customer service team.
**We use technology to help us collect information**
It is important for us to track how our website is used, and we (or our service providers) may place "cookies" on your computer or device. Cookies are small data files that identify you when you use our services. You have the option to decline our cookies by using your browsers settings tools, but this may interfere with your use of our website and services.
Any information that can be used to identify a person is "Personal Information". This does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous. All information is securely stored on our servers in the United States. Our safeguards and procedures have been implemented to maintain the physical and electronic security of our services and your personal information. Our measures include firewalls, system-wide data encryption, physical and electronic access controls, and strict rules regarding the access and use of data on our system.
We use your Personal Information to provide you the features and functionality of the Service, and may share it with our trusted third parties, to ensure that you have a safe, high-performance experience when using the Service. When you use the Service, including requesting funds, contacting customer service or requesting technical support, in addition to many other interactions with eMoneyPool, we will apply the information that we have collected. Knowing this information allows us to verify your identity, communicate with you and enforce our agreements with you. We may also use this information to measure how our members use the Service, and improve and enhance our offerings to you.
eMoneyPool may use certain information about you without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
Processing payment and deposit transactions requires that we share your personal information with third parties, including but not limited to:
- Service providers who provide us a range of essential operational services including fraud prevention, transaction processing, collections, direct marketing, and managed technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Verification services and credit bureaus to underwrite your application for an eMoneyPool account and to comply with our legal credit reporting rights and obligations.
- Financial institutions through which deposits and payments are made.
- Law enforcement authorities or government representatives who may require us to share information in order to comply with court order and other legal mandates, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to report suspicious activities, prevent physical harm, financial loss, or violations of our agreements and policies.
- Other third parties, subject to your prior consent or direction.
eMoneyPool reports all payments to the major credit bureaus when the number of active users meets or exceeds the minimum number required by these agencies. This includes payments received On Time, Late Payments and Defaults.
At the conclusion of the MoneyPool, your payment history will be updated and further used to update your eMoneyPool Trust Ratings. The Trust Ratings are visible to the entire eMoneyPool community and are an indication of your future reliability and commitment to MoneyPools.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case eMoneyPool may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You can review and correct the information about you that eMoneyPool keeps on file by contacting us as described below.
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by eMoneyPool in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
Please contact our Privacy Department Privacy@eMoneyPool.com with any questions or concerns regarding our policy.
Effective Date: September 8, 2010