Periodically, we highlight VIP members of our community to give our readers insight into the world of money pools, why they’re used and how they might be beneficial under varying circumstances. Enjoy!
- Where do you live and what do you do for a living? Huntington Beach CA. Retail Construction Project Manager currently in San Juan Puerto Rico.
- How did you hear about eMoneyPool.com? I knew someone clever had to bring the tanda concept online. Google search: “Online tanda” and there it was…Emoneypool first page results.
- Were you familiar with in-person money pools before joining? i.e tandas, cundinas or susus? Being from Southern California and part of the Latino community the tanda concept is practiced extensively.
- Now that you’re an eMoneyPool.com veteran, tell us about your experience. Since I travel for work pretty much all the time I’m not able to join a tanda in person. This online version makes it possible. The geeky part of my personality insists I make an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my payment due dates and payout amounts. I join multiple pools.
- Give us one example of how you have used your eMoneyPool.com payouts? Car loan and credit card balance reduction.
- For the readers who are new to the concept, explain why you take part in money pools. Saving for a goal is a challenge. I like the discipline required to maintain my account in good standing. The ACH withdrawal system is reliable, inexpensive and keeps the fees low. A few dollars spent in fees is well worth the reward….The Payout.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? The ability to clone myself…I’m constantly required to be in 2 places at once!