Periodically, we highlight VIP members of our community to give our readers insight into the world of money pools, why they’re used and how they might be beneficial under varying circumstances. Enjoy!
- Where do you live and what do you do? I live in Sewell, New Jersey and I am a licensed practical nurse.
- How did you hear about eMoneyPool.com? I first heard about eMoneyPool when I came across a Dream Catchers post on Facebook. It was a suggestion from actual group members to try a money pool.
- Were you familiar with in person money pools before joining? I was familiar. In fact, I know of an in person Susu where I work. I had never participated in one but nobody had to explain to me how it worked.
- Now that you’re an eMoneyPool veteran, can you tell us about your experience? It was a great experience. Now that I’m used to it I can look at what works for me from the list of available pools and what I can handle.
- Can you tell us about how you’ve used your payout? Basically I’m using it to buy a home, which I’m closing on this week. It helped with closing costs and down payment.
- For new users who might be new to the concept, explain why you take part in money pools? It’s good for those people that think that they can save themselves, but might be having some trouble. Saving takes some discipline and it’s hard. If you’re not that person this will help… I got my money in the middle of the money pool. I got the money sooner, my $1000, than if I’d tried to save it by myself. This [eMoneyPool] gives you the ability to plan and save sooner to get something.
- Last question… What is your all-time favorite movie and why? That’s easy. It’s The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler…. because it was hilarious!